Registration for the HAEi/AEDAF Camino Walk 2017
After the very successful HAEi/AEDAF Camino Walk on the legendary Camino de Santiago in Galicia (Spain) in May 2016, we have decided to organize yet another Camino Walk – this time to commemorate the global hae day :-) in 2017.
||13 to 17 May 2017
- Saturday 13 May: Departure by bus from Madrid in the morning – visit to Leon, Astorga, and la Cruz de Ferro on the way to Galicia
- Sunday 14 May: First day of walking – Sarria to Portomarín (<20 km)
- Monday 15 May: Second day of walking – Portomarín to Palas de Rei (<20 km)
- Tuesday 16 May: Third day of walking – Palas de Rei to Ribadixo da Baixo (<20 km)
- Wednesday 17 May: Small walk from Monte do Gozo to Santiago de Compostela (~5 km) – pilgrims’ mass in the cathedral – bus back to Madrid
||Three stages of 15 to 20 km each + a small finishing stage of 5 km
||215 EUR per person in shared double room // 315 EUR per person in single room (We recommend that you share a room due to the shortage of hotel rooms in Galicia)
||The amount mentioned includes bus from Madrid Airport to the Camino // bus during the walking days // bus from the Camino to Madrid Airport // fours days of hotel accommodation incl. breakfast
||Unlike in 2016, there are no HAEi travel grants to/from Spain; in other words you will be paying for your travel to/from Spain yourself
There will not be as much leeway as for the 2016 Camino Walk in order to accommodate participants who cannot or do not want to do all the walking, i.e. there will be no “Plan B” except for emergencies
To secure enough hotel rooms in Galicia, we would like to have the Camino group formed by mid-February. Therefore, this website will be active until 10 February 2017. Also, this year the number of participants will be limited to those who fit into one bus (54 people). If the limit is reached before 10 February, the site will be closed and any additional requests for registration will be managed in a waiting list.
The total amount will be paid on registration. You will be charged an amount equal to 215 / 315 EUR. It will be charged in your own currency (if this is not EUR) – please note that there will be no addition of exchange fees or other additional cost
If for some unlikely reason we will not go through with the Camino Walk 2017, you will get your money back.