Whether going away for business or pleasure, here are a few things to consider as you prepare for your trip.
GREAT TIPS FOR PLANNING YOUR TRIP
- Keep HAE medication in a carry-on bag.
- Make sure enough medicine is brought to cover the entire trip.
- Always carry emergency contact information.
- Use HAEi’s Emergency Cards with translated information about HAE in many languages – you can find the Emergency Cards in HAEi’s HAE Companion App or online here.
- Get information on medical care options at each destination. You can find a list of HAE knowledgeable physicians and hospitals either in HAEi’s HAE Companion App or on the country pages for that country you are visiting.
Another great idea before going on a trip is to think through a ‘What-if’ scenario to help plan for what might happen during your trip. This can help you minimize stress around that scenario. In HAEi Advocacy Academy you can take the free, online course ‘HAE Management Plan‘ that has a topic with a ‘What-if’ scenario about traveling.
The HAE Companion app provides an easy way to access and store the popular HAEi emergency card electronically. It also links to contact information on ACARE centers (Angioedema Centers of Reference and Excellence) as well as HAE knowledgeable hospitals and physicians worldwide.
The app is available on both Apple’s App Store and Google Play for the Android platform.