At the presentation of the BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial results for the second quarter ended 30 June 2022, Jon Stonehouse, President and CEO of BioCryst, says:
“With ORLADEYO firmly established in the marketplace as it steadily grows each quarter and our pipeline of other oral drugs for rare diseases, BioCryst is uniquely positioned to bring multiple oral medicines for rare diseases to patients.”
Program Updates and Key Milestones
- The majority of patients continue to be well controlled on ORLADEYO. Even as the patient base has continued to grow steadily, discontinuations in the second quarter declined to their smallest number since the third quarter of 2021.
- Patients continue to have broad and rapid access to ORLADEYO with the median time for a patient to receive reimbursed product following a prescription now under three weeks.
“More than a year and a half into the launch of ORLADEYO, we see steady growth and strong momentum, which we expect to continue. The majority of HAE patients are very satisfied with their experience using oral, once-daily ORLADEYO and physicians continue to consistently express their strong intent for future prescribing, which we see translating directly to our growing patient numbers quarter after quarter,” says Charlie Gayer, CCO of BioCryst.
- In the second quarter, ORLADEYO was approved in Canada and Switzerland. The company expects approvals and launches in additional countries throughout the year.
- Also in the second quarter, pricing was finalized in Germany, France and Switzerland.
- On 9 June 2022, the company announced it had selected Pint Pharma as its commercial partner for ORLADEYO in Latin America.