Since the introduction of 16 May as the global HAE awareness day, HAEi has been organizing annual events to bring knowledge of this special day to people around the world.
In 2016 – in the days leading up to the HAE Global Conference in Madrid, Spain – HAEi introduced the HAEi/AEDAF Camino Walk and every year since then there has been such an event for everyone interested in helping to spread HAE awareness by walking together.
HAEi/AEDAF Camino Walk 2019
The fourth HAE awareness walk took the participants back to northern Spain – once more organized by HAE International and the Spanish national HAE organization AEDAF. While the two first Camino Walks followed part of the Camino Francés the 2019 edition took place on part of the Camino Inglés.
- Dates: 16 – 19 May 2019
- Stages: 3+ (Neda – Pontedeume; Pontedeume – Betanzos; Sigueiro – Santiago de Compostela; and a little extra walk around Monte do Gozo and in Santiago de Compostela)
- Distances: 49 km (14 + 14 + 16 + 5)
- Number of pilgrims: 50+
- Countries represented: 9 (Chile, Denmark, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Norway, South Africa, Spain, and the United States of America)
HAEi Jakobsweg Walk 2018
The third HAE awareness walk took place in Vienna, Austria in May 2018, organized by HAEi with the help of the organization Jakobsweg Wien.
- Dates: 16 – 17 May 2018
- Stages: 4 (Jakobskirche Schwechat – Basilika Kaisermühlen; Basilika Kaisermühlen – Stephansdom; Stephansdom – Schloss Schönbrunn; Schloss Schönbrunn – Jakobskirche Purkersdorf)
- Distances: 38 km (14.8 + 5.1 + 5.5 + 12.6)
- Number of pilgrims: 110+ people walking one or more stages (70 for the first stage; 85 for the second stage; 90 for the third stage; 40 for the fourth stage)
- Countries represented: 22 (Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, the United States of America, and Venezuela)
HAEi/AEDAF Camino Walk 2017
The second HAE awareness walk took place in Northwestern Spain in May 2017, once again organized in collaboration between HAEi and the Spanish HAE organization AEDAF.
- Dates: 14 – 17 May 2017
- Stages: 4 (Sarria – Portomarin; Portomarin – Palas de Rei; Palas de Rei – Ribadiso; Monte de Gozo – Santiago de Compostela)
- Distances: 65 km (20 + 20 + 20 + 5)
- Number of pilgrims: 30
- Countries represented: 7 (Argentina, Denmark, Malta, Mexico, South Africa, Spain, and the United States of America)
HAEi/AEDAF Camino Walk 2016
The first HAE awareness walk took place in Northwestern Spain in May 2016, organized by HAEi and the Spanish HAE organization AEDAF.
- Dates: 15 – 17 May 2016
- Stages: 3 (O Cebreiro – Tricastela; Melide – Arzua; Lavacolla – Santiago de Compostela)
- Distances: 42 km (20 + 12 + 10)
- Number of pilgrims: 80
- Countries represented: 14 (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden, the United States of America, and Venezuela)
HAE related topics that might interest you
Global Access Program
Helping to change the lives of patients with hereditary angioedema (HAE) with a medication access program
Magazine with timely information on the issues, activities, and events that are relevant to the global HAE community
HAEi Connect Member database
Free, secure online membership database and communications platform for HAEi’s member organizations
Regional Patient Advocates
Constantly strive to improve the situation for HAE friends all over the world – no matter how they are organized
Stay tuned – sign up for our newsletter
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW ABOUT HAE NEWS, TREATMENTS, EVENTS AND RELATED TOPICS
HAE Global Conference 2018
This 4th HAE conference was record breaking: A total of 736 patients and care givers participated from no less than 57 countries